Emergency Services prides itself on serving our communities, and it’s that time again to show our support of breast cancer research to help fight the fight and find the cure.
Did you know that according to the National Breast Cancer Foundation…
- One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of death among women.
- Each year it is estimated that over 220,000 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,000 will die.
- Although breast cancer in men is rare, an estimated 2,150 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and approximately 410 will die each year.
The Local I-60’s Fight-the-Fight Find-the-Cure shirt can be purchased online for $15 ($10 for I-60 Members who use their employee number as a coupon code).
EMT’s, Paramedics and Nurses represented by the Local I-60 can wear this year’s shirt on-duty during the month of October.